Wednesday 12 November 2008

The Waiting Game!

Ok, so I've gone totally mad! Last week I saw some ickle pups for adoption and fell in love. But I held back and didn't ring or email because with three hairy mutts under my feet already, I didn't think another was a good idea. And anyway, they were all reserved. Phew! However, on monday, this changed as the homechecks had failed so, I emailed the rescue and yes, 3 of the original 4 pups were still available. So I applied by email, had a sleepless night, received a call from the rescue the following day and a 'reserved' note was added to one of the puppy's rescue blog, pending references and homechecks.

Well, I sat around for 48 hours, shellshocked at what I'd done, but growing increasingly excited at the prospect of tiny feet, pitter-pattering on the kitchen lino. What on earth would Willy, Ben and Coco think of a young whippersnapper bouncing round them wanting to play all the time? More's the point, what would Tiger and Smudge think? Our cats are fine with our dogs, but how would they react with a young'un trying to catch their tails?

Today I rang the rescue to see if our references and homecheck had been successful and yes they had. So it's all systems go now! We'll collect the little darling (hopefully) at the weekend. Ooooo, can't wait!

I'm not going to say any more than that for now. But I'll update this blog when he arrives. I think I've already said too much! Yes, it's a little boy!

Watch this space!

No comments: